Avere, a data storage company, recently teamed up with Gatepoint Research to look at cloud optimization strategies. The survey found that 80% of respondents have some sort of cloud storage in place. About 37% cited that they use the public cloud, while 35% cited they use a private cloud.
- Respondents place the most value on scalability and flexibility
- 81% of respondents already have, are investigating or are developing a cloud strategy
- 45% of respondents plan on public cloud use within the next 5 years, 29% plan to use the private cloud and 22% will look to hybrid options
- Respondents report plans to shift to cloud use for on-demand processing, storage and applications
- Security is the number one concern regarding cloud use followed by uncertainty over service provider longevity and interoperability
- Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3 are the most popular public cloud services being used
- Disaster recovery and business continuity are key benefits of public cloud use