Affordable Connectivity and Virtualization Technologies to Drive Adoption of Public Cloud The growing entrepreneurial start-ups are banking on the cloud opportunity and thus are seen as the early adopters and biggest drivers of the cloud space.
As this segment feels the need to enhance their IT capabilities for improving efficiency in their work without having to invest heavily, cloud comes as a boon to them, especially public cloud services, which the SMB segment is primarily adopting. As the Indian SMB segment is in the correct timeframe to start adoption technology it will be interesting to see them choose between CAPEX infrastructure development options versus OPEX cloud computing options. Therefore, the study focuses on the public cloud computing market for the SMB segment in India.Executive Summary • The Indian cloud computing market was worth INR XCr. in FY2012. Small and medium businesses (SMBs) account for about X percent of the market.
• For FY2012 the public cloud computing market for SMBs in India is worth INR X Cr. and will witness a CAGR of X percent till FY2017.
• Start ups, which are growing in number, are banking on this public cloud opportunity to boost their IT operations and thus are seen as the early adopters and biggest drivers of the Public Cloud computing solutions.
• The public cloud service providers have understood this fact and have been increasingly focusing on providing this huge SMB segment with the most suitable cloud services.
• As the SMBs feel the need to enhance their IT capabilities for improving operational efficiency without heavy investments, cloud computing comes as a boon to them, especially public cloud computing services, which they are primarily adopting.
• Public cloud revenue accounts for a major portion of the cloud market in the SMB segment. The public cloud service providers offer the SMBs a “metered” service that enables them to pay only for the amount of service they use.
• This business value proposition presented by various public cloud computing vendors is seen as a crucial factor that makes SMBs prefer public cloud over the traditional IT services.
• The public cloud computing vendors can be categorized as third party managed service providers, captive managed service providers, and pure play cloud service providers. The study has taken into consideration the revenue generated by each of these vendor types from the SMB segment.
• The study focuses on the adoption of public cloud services by the SMB vertical and provides forecasts for five years.
• It also provides strategic recommendations for all the participants forming the public cloud ecosystem and clearly underscores the benefits SMBs gain by adopting the public cloud computing model.
• The improved communications infrastructure and mature and increasingly affordable virtualization technologies are driving the public cloud computing adoptions amongst the SMBs.
CEO’s Perspective 1. Improvised communications infrastructure and increasingly affordable virtualization technologies are driving the adoption of public cloud computing
2. Ubiquitous network access, resource pooling, and consumption-based billing are the key features driving public cloud adoption amongst the enterprises
3. Public cloud computing offers business case for reducing enterprises’ overheads and undertaking total strategic outsourcing
4. System integrators are seeking opportunities for managing the heterogeneous application and infrastructure landscape in a hybrid cloud model with round-the-clock support
5. Hybrid cloud will be adopted by most of the Indian enterprises, as it offers on-demand scalability, customization, and real-time provision
Research Scope Cloud Computing Market for SMB Public Cloud Computing: IaaS, PaaS, SaaSKey Questions This Study Will Answer • What is the current landscape of the public cloud computing market for SMBs in India?
• What are the prevalent public cloud computing offerings in India and what are the emerging business models in this market?
• What are the key drivers and challenges for the Indian SMBs for cloud adoption?
• What is the structure of the public cloud computing ecosystem and who are the key participants in the market?
• How would the SMB industry vertical and the various product segments evolve over the next five years?
Table of Contents 1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Market Definitions
4. Total Public Cloud Computing Market for SMB
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Demand Analysis
5. SMB IaaS Public Cloud Computing Segment Breakdown
6. SMB PaaS Public Cloud Computing Segment Breakdown
7. SMB SaaS Public Cloud Computing Segment Breakdown
8. Strategic Recommendations
9. The Last Word