- You will be able to power your home with the energy you create yourself.
- You will never need a password again.
- Mind reading is no longer science fiction.
- The digital divide will cease to exist.
- Junk mail will become priority mail.
Computers that know us
Presently, in the emails and other information updates we receive, we have to sift through a lot of stuff that doesn’t apply to us. Within five years, however, analytics and sensemaking technologies will allow our computers to “know” us, and filter out information that we don’t need.
It is even suggested that by combining our personal preferences and calendars, computers could proactively reserve tickets to a concert by our favorite rock band, if we were free on the date of the performance.
As you can see by the links, all the technologies on IBM’s latest list are already in development, so it’s not a huge stretch to state that they will gain prominence in years to come. Perhaps, however, there’s something that should have been on the “top five” list, but wasn’t. Do you think IBM missed anything?