Amy Porterfield | Entrepreneur
Creating events on Facebook can be an effective, low-cost way to market your business event. But business owners may not get the sales and new leads they’re hoping for if they overlook the many small details involved in event creation and promotion.
Here’s how to set up an event and what works best to promote it far and wide.
How to set up your event: First, let’s look at events as they appear to your Facebook fans.
Click on the Events link in your homepage sidebar to see the calendar view of all upcoming events. These will include friends’ birthdays, suggested events your Facebook friends have created and events you were invited to on Facebook. You can click on any event for more info, or to join or decline.
To create your own event, first you need to add the Events App to your Facebook Page. Here’s a cheat sheet:
1. Click the Edit Page button at the top of your Facebook page.
2. Choose Update Info in the drop down menu.
3. Click the Apps link on the left sidebar to see all the apps you have available on your Facebook page.
4. Find the Events App and click the Edit Settings link. A pop-up box appears.
5. Click the (Add) link next to the (Tab: Available) text and then click the Okay button.
6. The pop-up box disappears and you now have the Event app showing where all of your apps appear on your Timeline.
7. Now you can click on the app and create your event.